Lincolnshire Family History Society Research Centre
The Research Centre is a very friendly enviroment with personal help from our stewards.
Monday 10.30 am to 4.00 pm
Sunday 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm
(2nd and 4th Sunday of the month)
N.B. The Research Centre will be closed Sundays and Mondays at Bank Holiday Weekends.
Christmas/New Year Closing - The Research Centre is usually closed for most of the Christmas and New Year period. Please see the Stop Press on the front page of this website for details nearer the time.
Resources in the Research Centre for Members Only
The following resources are available at the Research Centre for members only. There are a number of other resources available on-line in the Members Only Area - please see the Members Only Area Updates page for a flavour of what is available.
Donated Family Histories - these are available to copy. A list is available here
A number of books are available for loan - a list is available here
A list of microfiche available for loan may be found here
Need help with your research? We are here to help
You can now book a 2 hour one-to-one session with a subject-specific steward at the Research Centre, Monks Way, Lincoln LN2 5LN
To book a session 'phone 01522 528088 or e-mail the Research Centre
Facilities at the centre
For your comfort
- Refreshment area
- Hot drinks facility
- Lockers to keep your valuables safe
- Large toilet area
- Friendly stewards to help you
- Free access to Ancestry (Worldwide), Find My Past (UK) & British Newspaper Archives
- Access to some other internet sources
- Baptism & Burial indexes for many Lincolnshire parishes 1754 - 1812
- Burial surname indexes for many Lincolnshire parishes 1813 – 1900
- Cemetery burial surname indexes 1856 – 1900
- Copies of many other indexes produced by the Lincolnshire FHS
- Index of all Lincolnshire Marriages 1700 – 1837
- Parish Registers for many Lincolnshire parishes
- Access to census returns 1841 – 1911
- Extensive range of publications some which are available for loan by members
The Research Centre also holds our Publication supplies which can be purchased.